Residency Requirement Waiver Request:
If you do not qualify for commuter status, you may request a Residency Requirement Waiver. Students who do not qualify to live off campus are students who:
- Are a freshman, sophomore, or junior by credits (have 87 or less credits) by the first day of the fall semester - AND:
- Have a permanent address with a parent or guardian that is more than 30 miles from AIC's Springfield, MA campus - AND/OR:
- Are under 23 years old by the first day of the fall semester - AND/OR:
- Have not live on campus for 3+ years by the first day of the fall semester - AND/OR:
- Do not live with spouse, or is legally responsible for a child or other family dependent
Requests are reviewed by the Waiver and Accommodations Committee on a rolling basis. Most requests can expect a response within 5 business days unless the College is closed or member of the committee are experiencing a high-volume of calls for support.
Meal Plan Waiver or Reduction:
All undergraduate students living on campus are required to carry a meal plan. Students may request a waiver or a reduction to their current meal plan. All requests are reviewed by the Office of Residence Life, the Center for Accessibility Services and Academic Accommodations, the Student Accounts Office, and the Financial Aid Office. Waiver or reductions are not guaranteed upon request and may require additional follow-up.