Skip To Content

You are here:  Academics > Academic Affairs Home

What is the ADD/DROP period?{expander}

Course changes during the Add/Drop period may be made at any time during the Add/Drop period by meeting with the academic advisor.
Course Changes after the Add/Drop Period
Additions after the Add/Drop period must have the approval of both the student’s academic advisor and the instructor of the course.
2. Withdrawal from courses after the Add/Drop period must have approval of the student’s academic advisor and are subject to the following conditions:
a. Up until the 75% completed of a term (“Last Day to Withdraw from a Course”),a student may withdraw from a course without affecting the Cumulative Grade Point Average; such a course will be marked “W” on the student’s record.
b. After the 75%-completed mark, identified as the “Last Day to Withdraw from a Course”), a student may not withdraw from a course

Add/Drop Card

How do I find my ADVISOR?{expander}

Click on this link to go to the Advising Center, or

you may contact the Office of the Registrar to find out who has been assigned as you advisor.

I need to take a COURSE not offered by AIC. What do I do?{expander}

See your Advisor.  You may be eligible for transfer credit.

I have an issue with a GRADE/CLASS. Who can I talk to?{expander}

First, talk to your professor.  There may be something you can do to improve your grade.

If you feel your problem has not been resolved, speak with your Dean.  Your Dean can help sort things out and provide guidance toward a resolution.

Where do I find info on the HONORS PROGRAM??{expander}

What if I need to LEAVE school for just a semester or two?{expand}

Speak with your Advisor or Dean! You may be eligible to take a Leave of Absence.  A Leave of Absence is a temporary hiatus from all course work for an approved period of time, granted upon written request It is appropriate when the student intends to return to the College to complete their degree program. A leave of absence does not normally extend beyond a 1-year term. 

What should I do if I want to QUIT College?{expand}

Speak with your Advisor or Dean about a voluntary withdrawal.  A voluntary withdrawal is the status of a student who has chosen of his/her own accord to separate from the College. A student who voluntarily withdraws from the College must notify the Office of the Registrar AND the Provost's Office at the time of withdrawal.  Your Advisor or Dean can help you complete the necessary form.  


{expander}Where do I find information about GRADUATION?

Online Instructors: Request an Embedded Librarian for your course
Online instructors can now request to have a librarian embedded in their courses to provide instruction and support for research and class projects.  To request an embedded librarian for your online course, or if you would like to discuss your specific needs with a librarian, please click here to complete an application.

AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE | 1000 State Street | Springfield MA 01109 | 800.242.3142 | TRANSFORMING LIVES SINCE 1885