Welcome to the Hive!

The Office of International Student Life is dedicated to supporting the college's mission of higher dedication and educating students from around the world. International Student Life is here to help our international students adjust to a new environment, academically and socially. We are here to support you in every way possible.

For those international students who are returning to AIC, WELCOME BACK!  We are so excited to have you back as you continue your path to graduation. For those new international students, WELCOME HOME!  We encourage you to get involved in every way to make the most of your time here. Your college experience is what you make of it and as you begin your academic year, it is important to take advantage of everything that AIC has to offer. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to stop by the Office of International Student Life located in Adams Hall.

Look forward to seeing you!

Initial Eligibility Questionnaire (IEQ)

The Initial Eligibility Questionnaire (IEQ) is the first step in obtaining an I-20 from AIC. This is a required form and must be submitted prior to any other documents. Completion of this form will be tracked on your Admission Checklist and will move your record through the necessary workflows to get you in contact with the International Student advisor or a Designated School Official on campus. You will be contacted via your AIC email within 48 hours of completing this form with further instructions and next steps.

If you have any questions, please contact our office using the contact information on the top right of this page. 

Complete the IEQ HERE

Optional Practical Training (OPT) for F-1 Students

Optional Practical Training (OPT) is temporary employment that is directly related to an F-1 student’s major area of study. Eligible students can apply to receive up to 12 months of OPT employment authorization before completing their academic studies (pre-completion) and/or after completing their academic studies (post-completion). You can learn more about OPT for F-1 students by visiting the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

You can learn more about OPT and apply by accessing the AIC OPT Application HERE.

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) for F-1 Students

Some F-1 students are eligible for practical training. This is training that relates directly to the student’s major area of study and is an integral part of the school’s established curriculum. CPT occurs before the student’s program end date on the Form I-20.

You can learn more about CPT and apply by accessing the AIC CPT Application HERE

International Students Forms

The Office of International Student Life is located on the 1st floor of Adams Hall. The office hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm.
If you need additional assistance, please email at international.advisor@aic.edu or call at 413-205-3449. 
Stop by the Office of International Student Life ,  located on the 1st floor of Adams Hall, to have your signature updated. Office hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm.
Please email international.advisor@aic.edu to set up an appointment to get a new I-20.
If you need to obtain your I-94 travel record, please click here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home
Be sure to have your passport ready. 
Yes, you can! You should review the "Employment" page to learn more about the options available to work on and off-campus. During the first year of study, international students are permitted to work on campus only.
There are ways to work off-campus after you complete one year of study. You should set up an appointment with the International Advisor to determine the best option available to you.
You should go to the Saremi Center for Career Development, located in the Shwartz Center building, on the main floor.
In order to work in the United States, you will need to obtain a social security number. Stop by the Saremi Center for Career Development for more information.
To obtain a SSN, you will need:
  • Valid passport
  • Form I-94
  • I-20
  • Another form of identification with photo
  • On-campus work authorization for the International Student Life Office
  • Social Security Application 
Yes! All F-1 VISA holders who have been in the United States for less than 5 years are considered nonresidents for tax purposed and must file the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) form 8843. If you have earned income, you must file 1040NR or 1040NREZ. You may also need to file a Massachusetts State Tax form well.
You should make an appointment with the International Student advisor to know more about filing taxes. You may want to check this link first F-1 Students Filing Taxes, before going to the advisor.
All students have 2 options for receiving their paycheck.
  1. Direct deposit - funds are automatically deposit into your bank account that you provide at the start of employment.
  2. Paper check - papers are distributed at Student Accounts Office, located on main campus, in the Lee Hall.
Paychecks are distributed biweekly on Fridays as long as you submitted your timecard in time.
There are several options for students to pay their tuition and other fees associated with enrollment. To review the options please visit the office of Students Account website. 
If you would like to speak to someone in person visit Student Accounts Office, which is located on main campus, in the Lee Hall.
If you decide you would like to transfer to another school, please email international.advisor@aic.edu to set up a meeting to discuss the transfer process.
You will be required to complete a SEVIS Transfer Form from the institution you will be transferring to.
Yes! All drivers must have valid driver's licenses. To obtain a driver's license in Massachusetts, you must take both written and practical (road test) exams administered by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. In the meantime, it is useful to have an international driver’s license to be used here in conjunction with your valid driver's license from your home country. You must get your international driver's license in your home country and it is good for one year from the time you arrive in the United States so long as your country is a signatory of the Driving Convention Treaty.
To apply for a driver's license in Massachusetts you will need: 
      • Your passport, I-94, and I-20 forms.
      • Social security card or a letter of denial from the social security office.
      • Document proving the date of birth (Passport)
      • Document proving signature
      • Massachusetts residency (a bank statement, phone or utility bill, school correspondence

Office Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm

                      (USA Eastern Time Zone)

Email: International.advisor@aic.edu

Phone: 413-205-3449

International Student Advisors

Amanda Moore, P.D.S.O.

Operations Manager for Academic Affairs

Phone #: 413-205-3449

Email: amanda.moore@aic.edu

Office Location: Adams Hall Rm 108

Michael Dodge, D.S.O.

Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs & Student Life

Phone #: 413-205-3305

Email: michael.dodge@aic.edu

Office Location: Adams Hall Rm 104