The AIC Residency Requirement Is In Effect for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
Many of our students say that living on our campus is one of the best parts of their college experience. We work hard to make each residence hall feel like its own community, and to make sure you feel like family. This is much more than where you sleep. It’s a place to hang out with friends. To finish your term paper, grab a tasty meal or throw on sweats and watch a movie. It’s a place to feel comfortable and safe.
This is home. Living on campus is a great way to get to know the college and other students. That’s why all of our full-time undergrads live on campus during freshman, sophomore, and junior years.
We do allow for some exceptions. If you are a freshman, sophomore, or junior (by credit as of the first day of classes in the fall), you may live off-campus if you meet one of these requirements and complete the Off-Campus Residency Application:
- You are 23 years of age or older
- You live with your parent(s) or guardian(s) within 30 miles of AIC
- You are a legally responsible party for dependent children or other family members
- You live with your spouse
- You need special housing due to a physical disability that AIC cannot reasonably accommodate
If you need to request a Residency Requirement Waiver, please complete the form and the Waivers and Accommodations Committee will connect with you.