The Committee on Academic Advising maintains a continuous review of undergraduate policies and procedures relating to academic advising. The authorities and responsibilities delegated to the committee include:
- Develop and recommend for approval by Senate and/ or Committee on Academic Standards and Policy, policies and procedures pertaining to undergraduate advising which may include, but are not limited to, such specific areas as:
- Advising best practices
- Development opportunities for advisors
- Shared responsibilities between the Advising Center and Faculty Advisors, such as the procedure for transitioning an advisee from the Advising Center to an assigned Faculty Advisor.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of policies and procedures
- Review and update the Undergraduate Academic Advising Handbook
- Review Advising Center Operations Handbook and provide recommendations, as appropriate, to the Advising Center
- Maintain communication with the Faculty Senate through regular updates at Senate meetings, as appropriate, and through the Chair’s participation in the semi-annual Faculty Committee Chair Council.