The 2021-2022 Student Health Insurance Plan will open for Enrollment and Waivers on June 1, 2021.
AIC works with University Health Plans (UHP) to administer the Student Health Plan as required by the State of Massachusetts.
Based on your program of student and the number of credits you are registered in you will be considered as either Required or Not Required to Participate in the Student Health Insurance Program.
Required to Participate:
- All Students who are Required To Participate in the Student Health Plan are automatically charged the Student Health Plan fee once they meet the participation requirements during the applicable enrollment period (see Rates and Timelines)
- AIC submits eligible students rosters to UHP twice a week. This enables students to complete the waiver or enrollment processes.
- Action Item: Must Either WAIVE the Coverage or ENROLL in the plan
- ENROLL: Students must complete the enrollment process to activate the insurance and start the process to receive an insurance card. It can take up to 10 business days for a card to be processed. Initial card processing begins mid-July. (see notes)
- WAIVE: MUST complete a waiver showing proof of comparable coverage once every year in order to have the fee reversed (by posted deadlines)
- Please allow 2-4 business days for your waiver or enrollment to be processed at AIC after it is completed. If you enrolled in teh insurance, it may take an additional 3-7 business days for your insurance card to be available.
- Students who do neither will be enrolled in the plan by AIC as of the automatic enrollment date listed for the appropriate semester
- Athletes must complete this process before they arrive for the semester
- International Students are automatically enrolled and do not need to complete the enrollment form (if required to participate). Enrollment it is typically initiated mid June or within 3-5 business days from the date you are registered for the semester (whichever is later). It will then take up to 10 business days for your ID card to available.
Students who are NOT Required To Participate:
- Are eligible to purchase the student health insurance on a voluntary basis