Overview: Types of Financial Aid
FEDERAL DIRECT LOANS
Direct Unsubsidized Loans
• Non-need based
• Must complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note on www.studentaid.gov.
• Accrues interest from date of disbursement
• Payments are deferred until graduation or until a student ceases enrollment
• Can borrow up to cost of attendance or $20,500 annually, whichever is lesser
Graduate PLUS Loans:
• Must apply and be approved on www.studentaid.gov
• Can borrow up to cost of attendance
• Student must complete a PLUS Master Promissory Note on www.studentaid.gov
• Private bank loans with varying interest rates based on credit
• Often have no loan fee
• Loan Vendor Options (or choose any loan vendor of your choice)
(MEd & CAGS Student Only)
• Students must notify AIC of their interest in the Teach Grant by emailing email@example.com
• Must complete Teach Counseling and an Agreement to Serve each year at www.studentaid.gov
• Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25
• Information on who qualifies: www.studentaid.gov
Action Items: For Federal Loans
Which FAFSA to File:
2022-2023 FAFSA: Fall 2022, Spring 2023, Summer 20232023-2024 FAFSA: Fall 2023, Spring 2024, Summer2024
All other Programs(School of Health Sciences and School of Business, Arts, Science)
General contact information for the Financial Aid Office.
Find your Financial Aid Advisor.
Use this link to view all the options and information offered by the Office of Financial Aid.